김대중 대통령 탄생 100주년 기념식 해외 주요인사 축사 전문 > 공지

소식
소식 공지

공지

김대중 대통령 탄생 100주년 기념식 해외 주요인사 축사 전문

페이지 정보

본문

1. 프란치스코 교황(266대 교황 The 266th Pope of the Roman Catholic Church)

To Mr Moon Hee-sang and Mr Ban Ki-moon Preparatory committee for the Centennial Celebration of the Birth of Former President Kim Dae-jung

문희상, 반기문 김대중 전 대통령 탄생 100주년 기념행사 준비위원님께

I am writing to thank you for your kind invitation to the ceremony commemorating the one hundredth anniversary of the birth of former President Kim Dae-jung, to be held in Seoul on 6 January 2024.

202416일 서울에서 개최되는 김대중 전 대통령 탄생 100주년 기념식에 초청해 주셔서 감사합니다.

While unable to attend, I send cordial good wishes to all celebrating the life and work of this faithful Catholic and son of the Republic of Korea.

비록 참석은 하지 못하지만, 신실한 천주교 신자이자 대한민국의 아들인 김대중 선생의 삶과 업적을 기념하는 모든 분들께 진심으로 축하의 말씀을 보내드립니다.

Although he endured many years of suffering and hardship, President Kim drew courage from the religious beliefs and moral convictions that motivated and sustained his lifelong service to his nation.

오랜 고난에도 불구하고, 김 대통령은 종교적 믿음과 도덕적 신념에 기반한 용기로 일평생 국가를 위해 헌신하셨습니다.

Concerned for the advancement of fundamental human rights, he devoted his political life to fostering representative and democratically accountable government, together with the social and economic development of his fellow citizens, particularly the poor and marginalized.

기본적인 인권신장을 중시하면서, 김 대통령은 그의 정치 인생 전부를 대의 민주주의와 가난하고 소외된 사람들을 위한 사회적, 경제적 발전에 바쳤습니다.

Above all, the awarding of the Nobel Prize in 2000 brought international recognition to his efforts to overcome division and hostility by promoting paths of reconciliation, solidarity and peace.

무엇보다 2000년 노벨상 수상은 화해와 연대, 평화를 증진하여 분단과 혐오를 극복하려는 그의 노력이 국제적인 인정을 받은 것이라 할 수 있습니다.

In today’s world, increasingly marked by conflict, fragmentation, and threats to the natural environment and even humanity itself, the legacy of President Kim Dae-jung is all the more significant and timely.

자연환경과 인류 사회를 둘러싼 갈등과 분열, 그리고 위협이 증대되고 있는 오늘날, 김대중 대통령의 정신은 더욱 중요하고 시의적절합니다.

Indeed, it is a reminder that each person is called to make his or her own contribution to the progress of a culture of dialogue and encounter capable of transcending all prejudice, historical and cultural barriers and individual interests (cf. frantelli Tutti, 83).

또한 우리 모두가 모든 편견, 역사적, 문화적 장벽, 개인적 이익을 초월한 대화와 만남의 과정에서 각자 자신의 사명을 수행하기 위해 이 세상에 왔음을 상기시켜 주기도 합니다. (cf. frantelli Tutti, 83).

It is my hope, then, that this centennial will inspire current and future generations to commit themselves anew to care for our common home and build a more just and fraternal civilization in which the dignity of each person is respected and no one is left behind.

이번 김대중 탄생 100주년이 현재 세대와 미래세대가 함께 공동체의 터전을 가꾸고 각자의 존엄성이 존중받고 누구도 소외되지 않는, 정의롭고 조화로운 문명을 건설하는 계기가 되길 바랍니다.

Trusting that the anniversary commemoration will bear fruit in furthering the common good of the people of the Korean peninsula and the whole human family, I invoke upon all taking part in the event an abundance of divine blessings.

이 행사가 한반도에 사는 모든 사람들과 전 인류 공동의 이익이라는 열매를 위한 좋은 거름이 되어줄 것이라 믿으며, 이 행사에 참여하는 모든 이들에게 풍성한 신의 축복이 임하길 기원합니다.

From the Vatican, 22 November 2023

바티칸에서, 20231122일 프란치스코 교황

2. 빌 클린턴(William Jefferson Clinton) 전 미국 대통령

I am proud to add my voice to all those gathered today to commemorate the 100th anniversary of President Kim Dae-jung’s birth

김대중 대통령 탄생 100주년을 기념하기 위해 모인 모든 분께 제 메시지를 전하게 되어 영광입니다.

He was a courageous, visionary leader whose lifelong efforts often at great personal coston behalf of freedom, peace, and human rights made our world a better place.

김 대통령은 자유, 평화, 그리고 인권을 위한 평생의 노력과 희생을 통해 우리 세상을 더 나은 곳으로 만든, 용기 있고 선견지명의 지도자였습니다.

His election solidified democracy in South Korea, and as President he lifted his country from an economic crisis, enhanced national security, and advanced reconciliation efforts on the Korean Peninsula.

김 대통령은 대한민국의 민주주의를 공고히 했고, 대통령으로서 대한민국을 경제적 위기에서 구하고, 국가 안보를 강화하며, 한반도의 남북 화해를 크게 진전시켰습니다.

His Nobel Peace Prize was richly deserved.

그 분이 노벨 평화상을 수상하게 된 것은 당연한 일이었습니다.

I first met him in 1992, and after he became President I was honored to work closely with him to strengthen the deep bonds of friendship between our two countries.

저는 1992년에 김 대통령을 처음 만났고, 그 분이 대통령이 된 후에는 긴밀히 협력하여 우리 두 나라 사이의 깊은 우의을 돈독히 할 수 있는 영광을 누렸습니다.

As we celebrate the centennial of his birth, people all over the world would do well to remember the ideals by which Kim Dae-jung livedthat cooperation is better than conflict and everyone deserves to live in dignityand try to be a little more like him.

우리가 그 분의 탄생 100주년을 기념하면서, 전 세계 사람들 모두 김대중 대통령이 평생 추구했던 이상, 즉 협력이 갈등보다 낫고 모든 사람들이 존엄하게 살 자격이 있다는 것을 떠올리시고, 모두 그 분을 닮기 위해 노력하시기를 권유합니다.

Best wishes for a meaningful and memorable event.

오늘 행사가 뜻깊고 기억에 남는 행사가 되길 기원합니다.

이외의 축사는 파일에서 확인부탁드립니다.

첨부파일